Friday, March 21, 2014

Sweet Thank You's

I am so behind. I feel like I have been chasing everything since this year started. It's like I slept thru a couple days and haven't been able to get caught up. I hate that feeling, but I am happy to say I am one step closer to being 'caught up' as of today.

Yes, that's right, I actually finished a task that's been gnawing at me for weeks. I finished and wrote the Thank You cards I made for my daughters birthday. I pride myself on sending out thank you's quickly, and I think this time it was particularly upsetting. Never again, I tell you! I need to have a few packs of Thank You's just waiting to be used. Unfortunately, I never feel like my pre-mades are the right fit and end up making something new.  These fit that scenario.


I actually made a similar card as Thank You's for gifts I received when my daughter was born. I really liked the design, and the particular stamp set, Buttons and Bits from Papertrey Ink Stamps. It has been such a fun set!! I made announcements, thank you's, and a set of invitations! I am sure there are tons of other things I can do with it, too.


I started with cream cardstock, although white would have worked great, too. I used a coral-pink paper that I stamped with a confetti pattern in the same color, and a deep grassy green paper from my scrap stash (yes, even cardmaking utilizes scraps, those can be some of the funnest cards!)


I stamped the cupcake in black ink on cream cardstock to match, and colored it in with Stampin' Up's chalks (you could also use colored pencils). I fussy-cut the cupcake and adhered it to the card. I stamped the sentiment on the coral-pink strip, and the final touch; I put the 'cherry' button on top! I found these beauties at Joann's and they are perfect!


Such fun making this card! It's simple, yet sweet and fun. It's also perfect for a sentiment from a little girl that's growing up way too fast! Now I can mark that off my list of to-do's and move on to the next thing. The list seems to get longer instead of shorter; what's up with that!?! It's all good; back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment