Sunday, March 16, 2014

Quick and Easy Skillet Chili

There are some foods that keep you warm on a cold night, that can be eaten with all sorts of different things, that are easy and quick to make. Oh yes, even something that keeps you warm on a cold night can be quick and easy. Frankly, in my neck of the woods... or desert... there isn't much need for warm foods, but there is need for quick and easy, that's for sure. From that was born this wonderful Chili recipe.


I actually started working on this recipe with leftover taco meat, and it evolved into this yumminess. We don't do anything fancy with taco meat other than to add some onions and taco seasoning.  I have looked into making my own taco seasoning, and when I read the package describing it's contents, I discovered it's a combination of natural spices. That's it! I thought for sure it would have something that's deemed unhealthy, but no. I was relieved to know that, because I love this particular blend.  And I love what it does for my Chili.
Serve this wonderful Chili with some corn and maybe even cornbread and you'll be the dinner hero! For a healthier twist, serve on some dark-leaf lettuce. I have also put leftovers in a tortilla to make burrito's; a whole other night of dinner using leftovers that are masquerading as a new dish! Love when that happens! Little dollop of my Guacamole and you have yourself a delicious, quick, easy dinner to enjoy!



Quick and Easy Skillet Chili

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbs butter
4 Tbs Taco Seasoning (I prefer McCormick)
3/4 c water
2 med tomatoes (or 1 lg tomato), chopped





Melt butter and saute the onion, about 4 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep onion from burning. Once browned and translucent, add the ground beef. Brown the meat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain excess fat off and add the seasoning and water; stir. Add the tomatoes and stir once more, Place the lid on your pan and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Stir once more and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment