Sunday, July 31, 2016

Weekly Menu, July 31

Whew, last day of July! Where has the summer gone? We have been wrapping up our summer plans and this week will be our last harrah before it's back to the school craze.  My son is looking forward to it, but not as much as my daughter. She's over-the-moon excited! I am worried how she'll feel when she realizes her best friend isn't there this year, but hopefully the other returning students (and perhaps some of the newbies) will be exciting for her too.

We have lots planned for the week. Trip to the zoo, new books at the library, little fun at the trampoline park, one last summer movie, and maybe even a little bowling. Yeah, they should be exhausted by the end. Always the goal with me. My daughter also has school registration and my son will find out who his teacher will be this year. Woohoo!

So to keep everyone going, I have the menu ready to go. I try to think about daily activities planned when laying it out. I scored 22lbs of pears and peaches that I need to can this week, so I figured I'd better keep the meals simple and familiar for the first couple days while I finish that.



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
*kefir, blueberries, honey shake

oatmeal
strawberries
pizza party
butter pasta
sauted chicken
peaches
Monday
*kefir, strawberries, honey shake

cinnamon toast
scrambled eggs
PBJ
goldfish crackers
watermelon
cheesy chicken
rice
broccoli
Tuesday
*kefir, peach, honey shake

roll up pancakes
sausage links
ham & cheese skewers
cheez its
grapes
steak kabobs
grilled veggies
rice
Wednesday
*kefir, banana, berries shake

egg/bacon muffin bites
Nutella grahams
sun chips
apple slices
pizza
salad
watermelon
Thursday
*kefir, blueberries, honey shake

WW waffles
berries
turkey roll ups
crackers
pears
stew meat
potatoes
mixed veggies

Friday
*kefir, peach, banana shake

oatmeal chocolate chip  pancakes
pizza leftovers
carrot sticks
grapes
turkey parmesan meatballs w/sauce
spaghetti
broccoli
Saturday
*kefir, honey, vanilla, banana

oatmeal
cinnamon apples
picnic lunch:
sandwiches
chips
watermelon
cookies
mac n beef
green beans

You'll notice I've added a kefir shake to each breakfast. It's more for me than anyone else in the house. I'm trying to incorporate more probiotics (as well as fruits, etc) into my diet. I am h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e about eating breakfast. I thought if I at least get a shake together and some calories in me to start the day I might do a little better. We'll see how it works. I tried one today and really liked it. Alright, have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment