Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIP-Hidden Garden

I feel so accomplished! Last week I was able to get a baby quilt finished for a friend who's expecting, and I finished my Origami-Night Vision quilt. I am finally at a point where I can move on to new projects, and of course that list is never ending.


I pulled out some fabric that I have had now for about 2 years, just waiting for me to do something with it. I got it at the local Quilt Show and it's time I use it. I have done so many triangles lately, I really needed a change of pace, so this quilt is going to be super straight-foward with a focus on the floral pattern fabric.  I want to showcase that piece; it's just such an awesome pattern.


Admittedly, I am not sure yet how I am going to lay it all out. I wanted to put them on point, but we'll see. I also thought about doing an X-O type of thing; again, we'll see.  So many possibilities! I am just enjoying the colors and fabric right now.


I also thought about introducing another color, like a butter-cream kind of color. I am worried if I only use these three fabrics, it will be too much.  Maybe break it up with some white and butter sashing? I'm going to finish the squares and then lay some options out; see how it looks.

I am linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday! Thanks for checking out WIP for the week!

1 comment: