Monday, February 4, 2013

My First Flannel

The very first quilt I decided to attempt was a flannel.  Anyone who lives in the southwest knows flannel is a difficult fabric to find locally.  Now I know. :)  I actually found the fabrics I used in the blocks at the local quilt show not realizing how much trouble it would be to find the backing and the alternating green blocks.


I painstakingly marked every line I was to sew on each square, and cut way too many squares.  I still have a ton of leftovers and I am not sure what to do with them. I was pretty happy with how my first attempt came out, though.  I learned a lot about how I wanted to quilt and how to coordinate colors.


The quilting was done by a local quilter, Arlyss Bjorke. She did an amazing job with little direction from me! I have been able to get some use out of the quilt at a couple of overnight horseback riding events.  My cats also enjoyed curling up on it when we had a guest room (that room has since been turned into a room for my son; too bad for the cats). These pictures were taken on a rare cloudy day, which was helpful for me as I practice taking photo's. I had so many goals when I decided to stay home with my kids, I am so happy I am finally getting some of them accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment