Friday, February 1, 2013

1930's Thangles

I am new to the blogging world, but an interested in cataloging my various projects that I always seem to have going on.  Between quilting, scrapbooking, card-making, and cooking I have a lot to remember.  It seems to be too much pressure for my memory and I want to help it out. I plan on posting pictures of various quilts I am working on and have finished as well as add recipes I am in love with and card and page layouts I complete for the many scrapbooks I have going on simultaneously.

So, this is my practice run.  How do I learn how to use the system? By doing it.


This was my first attempt at learning to use Thangles.  It was a BOM kit I purchased at Bella's Quiltworks many years ago. There was enough fabric in the kit to complete 2 quilts.



I have to say, I liked working with Thangles.  It was a fun way to figure out different patterns using triangles and squares. I think they lend themselves particularly well to the 1930's reproductions fabrics, although I also completed a civil war reproductions quilt (to be posted later) and a batik theme quilt.  I used my stash to complete the sashing, and used the scraps to complete the borders. I also used these quilts as practice for learning to stitch feathering. It feels like the quilt is more 'my creation' if I have completed every element of that creation. I am still practicing the feathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment