Monday, November 30, 2015

November BOM Finish

I wanted to get this up here before I forgot. Right before Thanksgiving week I rushed to get this done and over to the shop in preparation of our class that is this Saturday.

I confess, these are not my favorite colors. I rarely work with oranges and browns unless they are in a pack, and even then I am more likely to leave them out if I can. That being said, I am happy with how the block turned out.


It reminds me of the Night Vision block I used to complete my Origami Quilt. I was able to, once again, have a little fun with the color variation to create more movement in the block. I think it worked out pretty well.


I am also glad I added the squares on the outer edges of the block. It reminds me that I wanted to go back and add a little more purple to this block.

Okay, let's see if I can get some other things done. Busy month, between school for me and the kids, dance recitals, holiday celebrations, etc. I would really like to get some projects done though, too. Let's see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. I love these colors and block, must be a firefighter thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of it, but you're right. They kind of look fire-ish!

      Delete
  2. I love these colors and block, must be a firefighter thing!

    ReplyDelete