Sunday, November 22, 2015

Still Here...

Yes, I'm still here. I can't believe I've gone the whole month without a mention. I have been getting some things done, but it's been so crazy around here I haven't any time to write about it all. So I have a few minutes and wanted to share this awesome little creation I made.

My sister lives in cold-country up north, and her daughter uses/loves fleece sheets. I wouldn't have thought of this, being in hot-country, but when we went to visit my kids were lovin' the fuzziness. After visiting, my kids decided that fleece blankets for bedding is way better than actual sheets. 

My sister has a 1 year old who sleeps in a crib, too. She felt like every time she'd get him to sleep and lay him in his crib, he'd wake up from the sudden temperature change that comes with cotton sheets. So, we thought it might be fun to try making fleece sheets for the crib.


I used the Fons and Porter sheet pattern that my Mom found and used for our other sheets. We like this pattern because the elastic doesn't weave all the way thru. It only secures the ends where you need it. 


I shrunk the pattern an inch in length and width to allow for the stretch of fleece. I didn't want it to be loose on his bed.  I also wasn't sure how it would turn out, so I used fabric from my stash (Why do I have fleece stash? I don't know). That's why he's getting horses. The other choice was a pink plaid, I figured this was a little more masculine.

Upon receiving it in the mail, she immediately washed it and placed on the crib mattress. Fits great! Now I'm waiting to hear how he likes it. Let's see if I'll be making more of these or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment