Tuesday, October 27, 2015

BOM 7, Sun is Setting

That's right, the sun is setting. The colors went orange, yellow and red this month. I will admit, these are not my favorite colors. It's a part of the spectrum I have never been thrilled about, which is totally obvious when you look at the colors in my stash.

That being said, I had fun with this block. It was bright and had lots of depth. I have gotten into the habit of cutting as I go rather than trying to plan anything out. It's a lot of fun but it comes with a little risk.


I used most of the fabric provided for this one, and after laying everything out I realized I should have flipped the color spectrum of the larger triangles with the smaller outside triangles. Oh well, too late now.


I'm still super happy with how it turned out. It will be a nice addition to the collection of blocks we have so far. I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Come on by and see what everyone is working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment