Tuesday, October 6, 2015

3rd Quarter Check Up


I almost forgot to check in on my goal list for this year, and when I look to see how I'm doing...well, let's just say it's been rough going. Though I've gotten the kids to school now and have more 'alone' time, I've also decided to take a class and it's taking up a lot of my free time. That being said, I'm starting to find some balance and carving out some time to get things done.

So, with that being said, let's take a look at my list:

10 Things I want to Accomplish in 2015:

1. Finish my Vintage Stars Quilt - quilting and binding 
***I am just struggling with this. I love the quilt and I'm not confident with my machine and it's quilting abilities. I'm so afraid of messing it up. I have it out as a constant reminder and keep hoping it will happen.

2. Finish my son's Pirate Quilt 
***Complete!! Yeah! I even got a wall hanging done to match.

3. Finish the Alaska Stars Quilt - order more fabric to accomplish this 
***I tried to shop for the fabric I wanted and am suffering the hard blow of procrastination. The fabric I wanted is gone and I need to re-think and get back to work on this.

4. Make at least one Alphabet Quilt 
***Complete!! Yes, finally!

5. Complete a quilt from something pinned on Pinterest 
***Not yet, but I've added more choices, so maybe soon?

6. Add at least one tutorial to the blog 
***Not yet. I feel hung up on this one because I don't like math so much and I keep thinking about the simplicity of using EQ7 software. I'm hoping I can get over that when school is back and I can concentrate.

7. Complete a quilt pattern to post on Etsy 
***Not yet, see #6

8. Complete the BOM quilt top 
***So close.I thought I found the sashing/border fabric, but I am struggling to commit. I need to do it, I want this one done.

9. Make a quilt for the sofa for hubby
***Not yet. I only had 25 minutes to look for fabric this summer at my fave quilt shop and had to focus. Browsing was not an option. I need to get back on this.

10. Minimize fabric purchases to only necessities/work thru stash 
***As previously mentioned, I only had 25 minutes in my fave shop to travel to, which has helped minimize purchases. I had a pretty long list. I did purchase a few yards of white to make a quilt with about a 1/2 yard of scraps I have in my stash. I don't know if that really counts, but I'm trying. 

I have started a couple projects that were not on this list. You know how things pop up or inspire you suddenly. I am so excited about a quilt I'm working on with some scraps and I'm trying to use some donation fabrics a friend gave me to make some shopping bags. Hopefully those will go together pretty quickly. 

Alright, it's back to work. Let's see if I can't get some of this done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment