Thursday, April 16, 2015

Two Sorta Finishes

I have some really bad pictures of a couple super fun quilt tops I have finished. I am so excited about these two and they are going to be on hold for a while until I can get some more batting. It took 1 1/2 years but I finally ran out of my roll. I wasn't ready.

The first is a quilt top that was inspired by the name of the fabric line, Around the Neighborhood. I picked up the green and blue pieces at my LQS in the sale section. Not sure what to do with them, they were put in my stash. As I have been working thru my stash, I found them and was ready to try something new.

I thought about fussy-cutting the blue but decided it would be fun to see what I got in each block, and they are all different. That was fun! I feel like the white creates little pathways around the "neighborhood". Can't wait to see this one all finished. It will make a cute baby quilt.


The second one was also a set of fabric I had in my stash that I finally pulled out. I've actually blogged about it here and here, and I finally got the top finished. Notice the sashing is all in the right place now. It was a pretty easy fix, thank goodness.


I based the block measurements off a pattern from a magazine called "Aromatherapy". In the final post about this quilt (when it's all done) I'll go into more detail about all this. For now, I am in love with the top. The colors are so different than what I normally pick, and the pattern gives it a fun modern feel.


That's what I've been working on. I feel like I haven't been able to share much because we've been so busy with life. I really have been getting things done in between. Without batting though, my quilt production has really been slowed down. I need to change that. Time to get some more.

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish Friday. Come on by and see what everyone's been working on. Have a great weekend!

1 comment: