Monday, April 20, 2015

Cochlear Implant Tethers

This weekend I committed to beefing up my inventory in my Etsy Shop. I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface, but I've definitely made some good progress.

Though I have put a lot of different things on my site, I have really focused on handmade fabric products including quilts, bags, and fabric toys. Something I've been thinking about doing for a long time is selling the clips I use to help keep track of my daughters cochlear implants. Anyone who has these or knows someone who does, knows they can fall off easily and children aren't so concerned.


They are held on by a magnet that's part of the implant and will stick to all sorts of things. I once took my children to a kids workshop at a local hardware store and my daughter called for help. I look to see her implant magnet stuck to the hammer. It was tethered to her so when she tried to use the hammer it pulled her shirt. Without the tether, it probably would have become a very expensive flower box we were making.

After making them for her for a couple years now I have mastered the design and jumped in. Here's what I was able to add this weekend...





















I am using the stash of ribbons I have right now but have discovered I don't have much "boyish" ribbon. I need to change that. I searched a bit last night, but it seems there's a lot more "girlish" picks out there.

While I continue my hunt, I will also continue to add more inventory. I am also hoping to add some storage bags that are super helpful for keeping track of all this stuff. Anyone who has travelled with cochlear implants or a child who wears cochlear implants or hearing aids knows there's a bunch of support equipment necessary. I have used my fabric bags to organize it all and I'm hoping to get a few sets on my site that others will find useful as well.

I encourage you to come by and see what's new in the Crooked Tail Crafts Shop. Maybe you'll find just what you're looking for. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment