Friday, January 23, 2015

All Caught Up!

I did it! I am all caught up...well...sort of.

The holiday season got away from me and I struggled to keep up with the blocks for the BOM I'm doing with our LQS. It was a bummer because I love the colors, but I wasn't in love with the block patterns.


I am super happy with the end result though, and this most recent one was wonderful! Great colors, great pattern, happy with the outcome. I am putting them all on-point, so here's what it looks like. I love how the center is so bright and the purples create wonderful pops of color.


Now if I could just get the rest of the WIP's done. I have been working on the Pirate Quilt, but keep having to rip the seams because I've sewn the wrong pieces together or I haven't paid attention to the direction of the pattern of the fabric.  It's everything in my not to start working on a new project, but I really need to get this one done. Not sure what to do for a backing yet, but I'm sure it will come soon.

The other one I really want to finish is my Vintage Modern Stars Quilt, but I was super bummed out to discover that I don't have enough fabric for the backing. I am having to make the tough decision about what to do, which has tabled the project. It's such a bummer. I'm thinking maybe just a nice solid to finish off a border. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I love the color and fabric selection for your block! You're right about the great pops of color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete