Sunday, April 17, 2016

Weekly Menu, April 17

It has been crazy around here. I keep waiting for it to calm down, but I'm sure that's just wishful thinking. It feels like someone has been sick here all year, or at least since October. It's never the same thing, or the same person, but our schedule keeps getting mixed up.  I am also still learning about all the activities that come with a school-age child. Spring carnivals and special peoples days, field trips and class parties. Stuff is always going on, which is a lot of fun, but can be super tiring to keep up with. I hope I get better at all this.

I'm not complaining, I promise. We are having so much fun with school and all the awesome learning and exploring that comes with it. I'm just trying to get the hang of it all. Last week, the menu went alright, but I definitely had to make adjustments along the way. I don't make lasagna often, and I wasn't happy with the recipe I tried this time.

Also, I didn't get to make stew meat with scalloped potatoes. It's one of my hubby's fave meals and he was down for the count with something so we postponed it for this week. Yeah for mac'n'cheese and homemade fish sticks! I also found a new biscuit recipe I'm pretty happy with. I'm hoping to get that posted here soon.



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
biscuit sandwiches
cheese and crackers
fruit cups
goldfish
steak
green beans
Monday
oatmeal
raisins
PBN crackers
strawberries
goldfish
pizza: alfredo, bbq, meat
salad
Tuesday
waffles
strawberries
cheese crackers
grapes
carrot sticks
angel hair pasta
broccoli
Wednesday
cinnamon toast
sausage links
PBJ sandwich
apple slices
chips
stew meat
scalloped potatoes
carrots
Thursday
eggs
CC & jam bagel
graham sticks
yogurt
The County Fair

Friday
biscuits & jam
blueberries
PB-banana sandwich
goldfish
applesauce
Date Night
Saturday
breakfast burritos
turkey wraps
peaches
goldfish
BBQ meatballs
rice
broccoli

So, here's to another week of life...cooking, cleaning, and maybe if I'm really lucky a little quilting on the side. I have been working on some batik stars here and there and I'm hoping to get them laid out soon. We'll see how it all "pans" out. Ha Ha! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment