Sunday, April 24, 2016

Weekly Menu, 4/24

Wow, I almost didn't make it! It's been a rough few weeks with illness around here, which has kept me from getting much of anything done. My dishes and laundry are almost caught up though, so there's that. My daughter was hit last week. I thought she was on the mend, and then she crashed again at the end of the week. My son also crashed at the end of the week and is still struggling to get healthy. It's made it a little challenging to stick to the menu, although I'm doing better than I thought with some small adjustments along the way.

The Chicken Lazone we tried last week was a bust. The chicken was too salty, the sauce too thin and bland. Maybe if I liked it overall, I'd try to improve my technique on it, but it's not worth it for us. My family gave me the thumbs down so we're moving on.

This week I want to try a Mongolian beef recipe from Favorite Family Recipes. I love chinese food and have become increasingly disappointed with take-out. I hope this recipe works out. Otherwise I'm sticking to the basics so I can focus on getting everyone healthy and happy.




Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
bagel with sausage and egg
pizza and ice cream at the fair
Saute Chicken
butter pasta
broccoli
Monday
honey cheerios
scrambled eggs
crackers
apple juice

Ravioli and meat sauce
green beans
Tuesday
biscuits and jam
sausage patty
Grahams & PB
apple slices
goldfish crackers
Tacos/quesadillas
corn
refried beans
Wednesday
pancakes
blueberries

PBJ
applesauce
chips
Mongolian beef (recipe trial)
rice
broccoli
Thursday
banana muffins
HB eggs
CC & jam bagel
yogurt
graham sticks
calzones w/frozen dough
salad
Friday
breakfast burritos
strawberries
PBN sandwich
watermelon
saltines

Date Night
Saturday
French toast
bacon
eggs
grilled cheese
chips
apple slices
roast
mashed potatoes
peas

Because of my late post, I haven't linked any of the recipes. If I get some time this week, and that might just happen, I will come back and link up the recipes where possible. Hope everyone had a great start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment