Monday, May 18, 2015

More Scrap Projects

In my pursuit work thru my scrap box, I made a few more little bags. These are scraps from a set of quilts I made for a friend with twin girls. I wanted to make the quilts similar, but not exact so one was in purple shades and the other was in pink shades from a fabric line from Me and My Sisters Designs. I named them Sassy and Spicy and pictures can be found in the Finished Projects link. I love them!


First I made 4 little bags; 2 in pink and 2 in purple.  The borders were actually already sewn onto the floral fabrics, so they were ready to go. I used leftover fabric in my stash for the interior lining of the bags as well. I wanted to keep the quilting simple, so I sewed lines to create dimension and depth.


The zippers were a little tricky. The bags are so small that it was a little tough to get them sewn in properly. I learned a lot about angle, fold, and manipulating fabrics to get them to go where you want.


Once these were completed, I finished a couple bigger bags with the same fabrics. Same thing, the borders were already on the floral fabrics making it a lot easier for me.


I used the same interior fabric from my stash and used a similar simple quilting pattern again. The zipper was once again a little tricky, but I had my technique down but the time I got to them and it went much smoother.


They turned out pretty darn cute! They are perfect for organizing all sorts of things like quilting chalk tools and markers, small toys and hair ties (you can tell what my daily like looks like), or organizing toiletries during travel, etc. All sorts of different jobs. I actually use them to help organize all the hearing gear I need to carry when my daughter travels with me. I love little bags. Such a great way to organize all those little things. I've put these on my Etsy site as well; come on by and see what's new in the shop.

So now I'm trying to decide what my next scrap project should be. Can you tell I've been on a little scrap kick? It's one of those things you don't need to buy new materials for, and can really clean up the sewing room. Win-Win!

I'm linking up with NTT at My Quilt Infatuation and Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish Friday. Feels good to get something to the finish line. Now let's go see what others were able to accomplish this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment