Monday, May 26, 2014

So Excited for Stars

I have been kicking around an idea of doing a star quilt with a jelly roll of vintage modern fabric I have.  I am finally at a place where I can concentrate and get it put together. So, I split up the fabrics into a pile that will be set in white and a pile that will be set in gray.


Then, I picked out my least favorite strip, which was super hard because I love all of them, and I started figuring out the measurements for the pattern I wanted. I had one major restriction; I am working with a jelly roll so my triangles must be a certain size.


After a little tweaking and re-measuring, I was able to figure out the numbers I need to get it done.  I still need to decide if I should put sashing on these blocks or leave them as-is, but that's not a super big deal yet. I am just happy to get the block pattern figured out and look forward to begin work with the rest of the fabrics.


For now, I am going to try and get the Farmers Churn Dash Quilt quilted and wrapped up. Then I can return to this and decide what to do. Ahhh, feels so good to see an idea begin to be realized.

I'm partying over at Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday.  Come on over and join us.  See what everyone's been working on.

1 comment: