Monday, May 12, 2014

BlockBuster #2 Block

I was so excited about this new Block of the Month that I joined at the LQS...and then we went out of town and I missed the second meeting.  RRRR! But that's okay because they had some extra's waiting for people like at the store when I got back. Sooo...

I went to the shop this week and picked up my kit and pattern. I could hardly wait to see the fabrics and the pattern and start plotting out a flower pattern with it all.  I was peaking into the bag at each red light on the way home, and there was a lot of red lights.  By the time I was home I was drawing out a couple of patterns, but it didn't take long to come up with THE ONE!


What do you think?  Can you see the flower?


I was kind of thinking Bird of Paradise Flower. When I first started sewing I forgot that I needed to keep it on-point and started putting it together in a squared pattern.  A little picking, though, and I got it back on track.


I am SOO loving these colors and fabrics! I'm not such a fan of orange, but this one reminds me of sherbert. So sweet, so yummy! I worried these oranges would be the most difficult to match with my yellow and green I've decided to put into each block to help tie them together, but I am super happy with how it turned out.


So now I have a few more weeks before another one comes out.  So loooong! At least this time I know I will be able to be there.

FYI-It's a little challenging to take pictures of on-point blocks; please excuse the pictures. I know they aren't the best, but I know the end product will be. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment