Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Projects on the Cusp

I have three projects that are so close to being done I can almost taste it... or at least I can almost see it!  I am so excited to be getting things to the final stages.  It feels like it's been forever since I've been able to do that.

So, I've been jumping back and forth between the three of them as I have had materials and time available. The first still has the farthest to go. It's my ZigZag Quilt I am making with a charm pack of Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille.


It's been a lot of fun! I don't usually do scrap-style quilts, so this was different from my usual projects. When laying the HST's out, I felt like the yellow's and grey's didn't really fit, so I decided to make a corner for the border instead.  I like how it turned out, but I am now debating if I should trim the opposite corner to make it more a part of the quilt or if I should leave the border even all around and keep it part of the border. I don't know if that makes any sense, but feel free to tell me if you think I should trim it down or leave it! I would LOVE some insight from my fellow quilters!


The next project is the Farmers Quilt I've been working on. It has a fun churn dash pattern (I was told is also know as the barn door block, which is totally appropriate based on the fabric) that alternates with barns that I fussy-cut out of the fabric.  I love fussy-cutting.  I don't know why, but I love to see the picture in the fabric. So pretty! So this "bad boy" is ready to quilt and is next up once I get 'the big one' done!


Which brings me to the last project I've been working on. I have blogged about this project before as I've been working on it since last March. I fell in love with the Honey, Honey fabrics that came out last year and found out my fave LQS was putting together a class and fabric bundle with it. I couldn't resist! I was able to crank out the blocks pretty quickly and even got it pinned and ready for quilting, which I blogged about here, but then was held up on the quilting part. I couldn't figure out what to do, and was a little afraid of messing it up because it's so large and I'm still working on my home machine (I'm not so sold on using that over a longarm for quilting larger projects).
I finally settled on a pattern though, and was able to get it completed pretty quickly. Since this picture was taken, I have completed the quilting and I am now working on the binding. I might actually have a finish soon enough. Yeah!

Whew, okay so I've been keeping myself busy.  Can't wait to see what others have been working on at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and Needle and Thread Thursday with Kelly. Thanks for stopping by! Would love some feedback; feel free to leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. I like your Zig Zag quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to get that one quilted up to see the finished product! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete