Sunday, April 27, 2014

Longing for a Long Arm

I'm taking a little break from quilting. I should have/could have stayed up all night again working, but a girl needs her beauty sleep.  That decision has paid off! I am re-energized and ready to get stuff done! Yeah!

So, today, all I need to do is finish quilting the sashing on this quilt, make the binding, attach the binding, and finish the binding.  No problem, right? I can get all that done today, maybe? You know, after we take a trip to the county fair (today is the last day and I might cry if I miss it), and finish a couple loads of laundry, and keep up with a 2 year old and a 4 year old.  Incidentally, they were extremely patient with me yesterday when I was working on this bad boy all morning.  Very patient indeed.


Why is it taking so long? Lots of theories. First, I am a bit perfectionist and usually plan and plan to make sure it works out.  I am working on my home machine.  I continue to dream about a longarm, but haven't been able to do it yet.  Someday. This is one of the largest quilts I've quilted on this machine and it is a bear. Totally worth it, but a bear!


I am interested to see the blog series on Crazy Mom Quilts about how to complete your quilting on your home machine. She claims to have done king size; I'm not so sure about this. My arms and neck get tired of the battle and I feel really limited in what style of quilting I can do.


The second reason is that after all that planning, I still managed to get pucker that I didn't want and I couldn't handle it. I actually un-picked the bottom half, stretched it out and re-pinned.  It took several hours, but it was totally worth it! I am so glad I did it! This particular project is for my SIL and I want to know it's some of my best work.

I can't wait to see the finished product. So close, so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment