Monday, September 14, 2015

Trying to Find the Right One

I currently have four quilts (count 'em, 4!!! Yikes!!!) that need backings so I can finish them up.  I struggle with backings when I don't have leftover fabric from what I was using on the front or if there's a specific style to the fabric on the front.

My first is a quilt I finished a long time ago and didn't like it all that much so I packed it away. I decided it's good practice for quilting and I can give it away, so I pulled it out again.


I finished this top from fabrics a friend gave to me. I love the cats and the flowers, and tried hard to make a scrappy look. I have been wanting to play with the hidden 9-patch look for a while. The fabrics feel very 70's retro and I really want to keep that. I might end up having to go solid black and call it good.


Finally, I have 2 different baby quilts made from the same set of fabrics. They're so adorable and I can't wait to finish them up. I don't have any recipients in mind, but they're just too cute for words.





We went on our trip to San Diego last weekend and had an absolutely fabulous time! There's is something so magical about the beach to me.


While there, I stopped at my fave San Diego quilt shop to see if I could find some backings for these quilts. No luck. I only found one for the diamonds quilt. The others are still waiting, and hopefully will find they're match soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment