Monday, August 17, 2015

August BOM, Done

So proud of myself. With the kids off to school, I was able to crank out the August Block of the Month along with a quilt finish (FINALLY!) that I'm going to share later this week.


The colors in this block are just mouth-watering. They remind me of sour apple jolly ranchers, one of my favorite childhood candies. As with my other blocks in this BOM, I am making the centers the lightest and grow darker from there.


This one almost looks like a flower blooming because of the way the triangles build outward. I used very little black, and just about all of the fabric provided by the quilt shop. The tricky part of a BOM is trying to make sure there's cohesiveness among your blocks even though they're made at different times. Hopefully it will all work out in the end and all blend together.

Now I'm 2 weeks ahead of schedule, which is a good thing because I have a lot to catch up on. Let's see what else I can get off my sewing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment