Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Block Buster #4

We had our block of the month meeting last Saturday and I picked up the new pattern and fabric pieces. This one was a little more challenging than the first three.  The fabrics are as gorgeous as the others have been, although I wish I'd had more of the dark one. My biggest struggle was the pattern.

It's actually a very cool pattern, Monkey Wrench (or Snails Trail), but it's very balanced and the fabric pieces I have are not. I struggled with how much swirl to do, or if I should stick with box-in-a-box to try and make it look like a bloom of some sort (just a reminder, I am trying to make each block look like a flower of some sort, even if that is more about the quilting than piecework).

After a l-o-o-o-o-t of drawing patterns, I finally settled on a partial monkey wrench and finish it with green corners as 'leaves'. I am happy to have it done, and I am pleased with how it turned out. Now I can breath a sigh of relief and wait for next months!

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Hope everyone is finding some great projects this summer!


  1. I love that batik fabric with the pretty!

    1. Thank you, yes that dragonfly fabric was in my stash from a quilt I finished for my sister many years ago. It matches all of the different blocks really well, so far anyway. :) Thanks for stopping by and the nice comments.