Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fitting it all in

Summer is wrapping up for the kiddos around here and we have been scrambling to fit in as much summer as we can in these last couple of weeks. So many places offer summer event programs, and we have been trying to take advantage of as much as possible, including...

Making puppets. Going to the movies. Learning to roller skate. Building bug houses. Playing in mud puddles.





































And, of course, going to the beach.


There was so much more mixed in there that I'm missing, but all in all, we have been having a blast this summer.  We've also been quite successful at avoiding the heat while still enjoying ourselves, HUGE WIN!

So, with all this going on, I haven't been able to get many pictures of what I'm working on. I'm almost done with my Vintage Stars Quilt top, I just need to complete the binding on my latest Alphabet Quilt, and mixed in between has been multiple little bags and a couple of large pillows for the couch. I also picked up a new project to make cushions for the outdoor chairs. Hoping to get that done soon.

I have also been busy in the kitchen. I have been trying to find recipes that don't heat up the kitchen too much, like grilling outside and crockpot cooking.  We have been eating some great salads and just last night we had a kickin' shredded chicken bbq from the crockpot.  Awesome!

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to work on posting things. It's just a matter of finding photo time. I have also been working to put some new things on my Etsy site; you gotta come check it out! Some supplies and completed items, there's a little for everyone and a lot to choose from.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful/busy summer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment