Thursday, June 18, 2020

Quarantine UFO Series #2, My Friends Finish

My second quilt in the pile of UFO's was actually not mine started, but mine to finish. A very dear friend lost her mother a few years ago and she inherited all of her quilting and sewing supplies and projects. She wanted to finish them for her mom, but wasn't sure how.


Last year, she asked me if I would be willing to finish it for her. She had the completed top, the batting, and the backing. It just needed to be pinned, quilted, and bound. Because of the size, I knew I would only be able to do a meander but it worked.

She did a wonderful job balancing her colors and completing her stars. It made my job easier and I am super happy with how it turned out.  I used some of the leftover backing for the binding.

My plan was to donate the quilt to a non-profit or a hospice home maybe. Since everything is still in a state of lockdown, I'm waiting for now. Eventually someone will be able to enjoy this beauty, and it will be well-loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment