The fabric collection is called Dashing Roses and it was added to my stash so many years ago I can't even remember. It is not colors I would normally pick, which is fun, but the rosette pattern on a couple of the pieces called to me. In my pursuit to use the fabric collections I have and not purchase new fabric, I pulled this set out on a mission to turn it into something.
I had clipped a pattern from a magazine called Aromatherapy many years ago as well; it was like the two were destined for each other. The pattern was very simple and straight-forward. No angles, no curves, just squares and strips. Made it very easy to put together.
I actually ventured into my own imagination for the sashing and borders. I wanted to make sure I used up as much of the fabric as possible; leave no scrap behind. I did incorporate the coral pink to create a little pop and the grey corner-stones in the sashing was also a pick from the stash to break it up a little.
I already had the fabric for the backing; another purchase of the same line many years ago. I basted it together and made a quick decision to just do a meander with a variegated thread across the whole quilt.
I regret that decision, but I wasn't going to pick everything out. I don't love how the quilting turned out, but it's not really noticeable in the scheme of things and I decided I needed to keep moving forward.
I attached the binding, but didn't finish it because I needed new labels. I finally got those put together, attached a label and completed the binding. Aaannnnddd... finished! This was actually a really fun quilt to put together. The colors are calm and light except for the fun pop of coral and the deep brown lattice print that surrounds it. This would have been a nice pattern to make much bigger. I wish I could have but I ran out of fabric. Never thought I'd say that.
This is one of the quilts that needed completing from my last post. So glad to get it off the sewing table, and I got my labels done to boot. Only a few more to go. Ahhhh, back to work.