Thursday, January 9, 2014

Old Fashion Thank You's

Yeah, that's right. I am old fashion. I hope that my children will adopt the same old fashion habits. They received some wonderful presents from family and friends and I wanted to make sure those people knew how much we appreciate their thoughtful gifts. So, I made some thank you cards for them to sign and send off. I decided to use some old ones and make some news ones so the cards coming from the different children would be similar, but not exactly the same. I also needed something that would be easy to mail 2 in one envelop.

Gwen's cards were actually some that I made a couple of years ago and posted on Etsy. I had no luck selling, and decided to use them myself (one of the great things about making/selling crafts that you can use, too).


Paper: White cardstock
Ink: Brown ink (I used Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip)
Embellishments: Green embossing powder, Free-Motion Embossing Pen
Stamp Set: Stem Silhouettes, by Stampin' Up

This card was so super easy to make. Simply stamp the stems on the card at an angle and use the Free-Motion Embossing Pen to create spots.  Sprinkle the embossing powder on the spots and heat with heating tool. Lastly, add a 'Thank You' or whatever sentiment you're going for on the top right corner of the card. All done, and can be quite a sophisticated card!


Paper: Cream cardstock
Ink: Stampin' Up Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Random collection of pine needles, berries, and pine cones

Stamp the darkest of the greens in one needle, then the next darkest, then the lightest green in different needles. Stamp the pine cones in the brown and the berries in the red. For more depth, you can go back with the darkest green one more time. I used the darkest green for the sentiment as well. Again, super simple and could easily be a christmas card as well.

Hope the recipients of these enjoy them. They were super fun to make and write in. Good Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment