Sunday, January 23, 2022

Fall Table Runner

 

I’m continuing to work through the fall fabric stash, and I came across a neat piece that had a repeating pattern of scarecrows and pumpkins.

 

 

I had seen a pinterest post that used a panel to create a table runner. I felt like this fabric would work for that idea and started laying things out.

 

 

I quickly realized this pattern wasn’t going to work perfectly based on the sample I saw, but it would be close. If I’d had enough fabric, I could have made 2 different table runners. Instead, I decided to go with what I had and not worry about the fact that it wasn’t a perfect mirror image.

 

 

The point on the runner is where it’s most obvious it doesn’t match up all the way around and along the wedges. I had to make command decisions about which piece would be where.

 

 

I also added a red fall fabric strip down the center. The is partly to create balance and separate the different patterns a bit, but also because it increased the width.

 

 

It was simple enough to construct, and I did a basic meander all over for quilting. I finished it with a binding matching the red fabric that goes down the center of the runner. Another fun project. I am liking table runners a lot. They use up fabric scraps that I don’t want to get rid of, but also aren’t big enough for another large project.

 

 

I had one more fall project I wanted to do, but I think I’m out of time. Maybe next year. Now it’s time to move on to other seasons. Oh, and this runner is kitty approved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment