Thursday, December 14, 2023

A Second Miniature Tree Skirt

 

I have been collecting miniature ornaments since I was a kid. I love the small details intricately placed into each piece. Over the years, I have collected so many that I needed to get a second tree.

 

 

I was a little sad about that because I couldn’t find a tree like my first one. They weren’t as tall and the branches are thicker with needles. I found one that was good quality and decided that was most important. 

 

 

This year when setting everything up, I realized I really needed a new tree skirt for the new tree. At first, I thought about making a whole new style, but when I looked at my Christmas fabric stash and the style of my miniature trees, I decided doing the same thing again makes the most sense.

 

 

Super simple pattern, different backing than the original, and I used green instead of the red for the binding. Great way to use up some of the scraps, and to create a new skirt that’s similar, but not exact.

 

 
When making the second skirt, I felt that the tie wasn't necessary and I rarely use it.  On the new design, I left the tie off.  I thought about adding some snaps, buttons, or Velcro but in the end, it sits nicely under the tree and isn't disturbed the way a skirt on the floor under a large tree would be.
 

 

I was curious to see when I made the first one and was surprised to discover it was 10 years ago! Back in 2013 I made the first skirt, and now I’ve made my second one 10 years later. Hopefully it will encourage me to finally make a tree skirt for the big tree. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment