Friday, April 9, 2021

Primary Pinwheels Orphan Block Taggy Blanket

After finishing the Sailboat Orphan Block Taggy Blanket, I thought… why stop there?!? I still have more blocks that are from baby quilts and some fun minky fabrics.  Let’s make a few more.

 

 

This time, however, I have 2 blocks and plenty of primary color fabric for borders and backings. I pulled from my stash and found a nice red that had a plus sign pattern. Perfect for a bright, fun taggy blanket.

 

 

For the back, I had a bright green minky fabric with bubbles that matched perfectly. Because of the way it was cut from the last project, however, I couldn’t do the whole back without seams.

 

 

I decided, instead, that it would be a good way to incorporate some interesting star fabric. A simple four-patch on the back and it was ready for assembly.

 

 

The ribbons were a little trickier. For some odd reason, I don’t have a lot of ribbons in primary colors. I was surprised, but I found enough to make it work, and found some size variation as well.  That’s a good thing; help mix it up a bit.

 

 

Once the ribbons were attached, I sewed the panels together and finished with a quarter-inch binding stitch around the edge. All of this was done for both, and it made the work go quickly and smoothly.

 

Another project finished, phew. I’m glad I have been able to clean out a bunch of my old blocks. I always feel so sad for the leftovers. Stuck in a box with no use. Now they have been incorporated into a fun taggy blanket that hopefully some child will enjoy one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment