Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Last BOM Block

I finally made it to the end! I went to the last class to get the fabrics and pattern and I admit, I wasn't thrilled. I immediately loved the pattern; lots of smaller pieces offering all sorts of flexibility and opportunity. The colors were a different story.

Everyone has their fave colors, and I wish I liked orange (and yellow) more, but I'm just not a fan. And this wasn't a soft orange like this last set.  This was a bold tangerine orange, along with a lighter sherbet orange color.

As I sat in the class wondering what on earth I was going to do with these colors, or how I could minimize how much I used of each in the pattern, I saw one of the examples go up and it clicked! Just because it's a flying geese pattern doesn't mean it needs to match on both sides. And then it came to me...SUNFLOWER!



It was perfect! It couldn't have been any better! What a fabulous way to finish the BOM! I was so excited to get this one done; I got right to work. It didn't work out exactly like I wanted; I would have preferred the darker orange be the center of the flying geese and the lighter orange up against the center yellow square as well as light orange triangles in each corner. But I had to work with what I had, and I'm super happy with the results.


Now I am ready to lay out my flowers with some sashing and finish this bad boy up! There are a couple of changes I want to make to a couple of the blocks but that should be quick. I told myself I wasn't going to do the next BOM, but they sucked me in. I am already envisioning the bold colors of the Ombre fabric line set on black. It's going to be amazing!

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. Maybe I can wrap this one quickly? Yeah...that would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment