Thursday, December 10, 2020

Mischievous Cats Christmas Quilt

 

I was working on one of my quarantine UFO’s and my daughter came to me and asked when was going to make a kitty quilt. It just so happened that last year before everything shut down, I went to a quilting expo and fell in love with this amazing Cat-I-Tude panel and the coordinating prints. Now, I had promised myself I wasn’t going to buy fabric that didn’t have a project already, but I couldn’t resist. This had to come home with me.

 

 

She went into my bin to get the panel and prints out and came to me with this lovely Cat-I-Tude Christmas version! I had totally forgotten that I’d gotten that one too.  Man, I was really weak that day! Ha!

 

I had been working on another Christmas project but knew I wasn’t going to use all of the fabrics. There were fabrics in red, green, and a white/ivory color with diamonds. It was perfect for this quilt, and I was so proud of myself for pulling from my stash (I’ve had those fabrics for about 10 years now).

 

 

I began with simple frames around each panel square, and then to add interest I used the white to frame a corner. Once all of the blocks were done and spread out, it felt like it needed something more between them. I added a very thin black sashing between the blocks to help pull everything together while still allowing for separation of the colors.

 

 

The border is another coordinating fabric as well. Once the front was complete, we looked at the other fabrics and ordered this amazing paisley fabric that was in the same Christmas line. This fabric is so much fun, it’s almost its own quilt on the back.

 

 

 

I decided it would be best to use a black binding as the quilt and the back were both already so busy. I added my label and she immediately cuddled up in it. 

 

 

She uses it every night on her bed, and even our cats like to snuggle up with it.

 

 

I’m so glad my daughter pulled this out and put me to work on it. 

 









 

2 comments:

  1. That came out great, I love the backing fabric you used, it is perfect with the cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I love that fabric too! I'm pretty sure I need more.

    ReplyDelete