Sunday, January 24, 2016

More Thank You's

Honestly, it feels like the only cards I have time to make anymore are thank you cards.  That is something I hope I never loose the desire to do. I feel like it's important to share with others how much I appreciate the thought they put into me. I also think it's a good lesson in gratitude for my children, while also helping them with their writing and composition skills.

Our latest batch of thank you's was for christmas presents. My kids were given some wonderful things from various friends and family, and we were right to work to thank everyone. This year, I wrote them for my daughter and had her practice signing her name. My son however, had to write a brief thank you message that I'd scripted for him so he could practice his writing. He was getting pretty creative with his sentence/paragraph structure, but he was practicing his writing so it's all good.


As for the card, I went simple with a window pane look of various christmas papers. I bought a set from JoAnn's a couple years ago that I'm still working through.


The card is a tan color with a red linen paper background that's been sanded down to expose the core. I used "thank you" from a CTMH thankful set I have with SU red ink. I finished it with raffia ribbon for embellishment that was punched with a straight, ribbon threading hand punch.

I always try to make a few extra just in case, but it seems this year I had just enough. Phew! I better plan better next year. I am really happy with how this one turned out. It was fun, colorful, and had a great embellishment touch.

Maybe this year I can spend a little more time on my paper crafts. We'll see. I'd really like to get my daughters first year book done (4 years later) and add some more birthday and thank you cards to make back-up collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment