Monday, January 8, 2024

Harpers Garden Table Runner

 

What do you do when you have a couple of blocks leftover from a project? I do all the math and try to make the number of blocks I need, but I inevitably end up with extra blocks. Since pandemic, I have been trying to use these leftover blocks in a project immediately so they aren’t forgotten.

 

 

One of my favorite uses for it is a table runner. We have a couple different tables that I like to keep runners on throughout the year, so this is a perfect use for the blocks.

 

 

I only had two blocks left, so I squared them rather than having them on-point like I did in the quilt. I also added sashing, but instead of using the squares as cornerstones of the sashing, I decided to create a border with the leftovers. It was a perfect way to use up the entire layer cake.

 

 

I also had a bit more of the blue backing leftover from the quilt, so that was used as the backing and the binding of the table runner as well. I repeated the same quilting pattern I used on the larger quilt, making this crazy fast to put together. I already knew everything I wanted to do.

 

 

This was a quick and easy finish, and a great way to use up the last of a beautiful layer cake. Can’t wait to try it out on a table this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment