Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Watermelon Table Runner

I have been really cranking through projects! It feels good to get so many tabled projects done, but I haven’t done as well with keeping up with photos of everything. There are so many things I want to share, and simply not enough time to get to them all.

 

Today, I have a table runner I finished. There’s actually a quilt that preceded this project, but I haven’t quite finished it yet. I still need to quilt it and bind it. Soon! Soon!

 

 

This table runner is actually made of the scraps from the other quilt that’s almost done. I was ready to throw away the scraps because they were awkward triangle shapes, and I admit I was getting tired of the fabric and pattern. 

 

 

I rallied myself to complete this one last project, and I am so glad I did! I am so happy with how it turned out! It is just the right size for my entry way table, and the colors and patterns are perfect as we usher in spring and summer.

 

 

To make it a bit wider, I positioned the blocks off-center and added fabric to help create flow. I also used more fabric for the backing from my stash (feels so good!) and then finished it with a pink/coral fabric I found in my mom’s stash (thanks Mom!). 

 

 

One thing I would have done differently is use a different batting. I was trying to use up scraps of batting leftover from other projects and had a natural-colored batting that was the perfect size. Once it was all done, I realized the natural color shows a bit through the white sashing around the blocks. It’s all good though. As soon as I washed it, the white seemed a bit brighter and all was good. Now it’s on to more!

 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment