Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Baby I's Quilt

During this quarantine time, I have been keeping myself distracted with quilts. I have been trying to post them on here to keep a record of all my work, but I’m struggling to keep up with all of the projects I’ve completed. It’s a good thing to clean out all of the plans I’ve had over the last several years, but I discovered I have several fabric bundles for babies.


I have scraps from previous baby quilts, and baby fabric packs, and of course fat quarter bundles, and random pieces I just couldn’t live without. I started to think about who I could make a quilt for, but most of my friends are past baby stage… except one.

 


A friend just had baby #4 right when we went into quarantine. Before stay home orders, I hadn’t thought of making a quilt for her. Hadn’t even crossed my mind. Once we were stuck home and I was faced with all of the fabric and projects I’ve collected over the years, I realized this was an easy answer. She really has all of the basic baby needs, so a gift was tricky anyway.

 


I decided to use a popular half-square triangle pattern and laid it out to create an off-set diamond pattern. I used fabrics left over from my sisters Baby boy quilt (5 years ago!) called Bartholomeow’s Reef.

 


While I had enough for the front, I didn’t have enough large cut for the back. I pushed my luck and actually found some on etsy so I ordered enough for this quilt and a little extra as I still have enough fabric left to make at least one more, maybe even two more baby quilts with this.

 


I finished it with a simple ¼ inch straight stitch following the diamond pattern, and of course added a date tag so I remember when I made it.

 


I also used the stripe fabric for the binding. It creates such a wonderful border for the quilt with movement and interest. I’m not usually a fan of stripes, but something about that fabric calls to me.



It took a few weeks to get it to my friend and her baby, but I finally did and hopefully they will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. This was a fun, and relatively quick finish.

2 comments:

  1. i like these blankets and want to buy please give the source link.

    Trendy Nightwear For Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like the quilt. This was a personal project I completed myself. There was no specific pattern I followed and I only made one. So glad you stopped by and checked out what I have going on.

      Delete