Friday, June 24, 2022

Mom's Texas Flower Garden Quilt

 

Years ago, I was on the hunt for a specific color fabric. I can’t remember what it was, but I was searching through my mom’s bins of fabrics. This is always a fun adventure because she has some pretty awesome pieces buried and hidden for years.

 

 

While searching through the different bins, I came across this cute little panel she had. It was Texas flowers in a window pane style panel. There were only four blocks on the panel, and she only had one panel. It really caught my eye.

 

I took it home with me and tucked it away on my shelf while I contemplated what to do with it.

 

 

During the second year of the pandemic, I had one kiddo stay home for online school. While she was working, I had lots of time to play with fabrics. This little guy came out and I debated what I could do with it. At first thought I’d cut out each individual flower, but thought better of that as it would make lots of work.

 

 

Instead, I cut it into the four pieces and then added black to accentuate the window panel look. I picked a couple of colors that really popped and added to the flowers, and then used the black to allow the window pane look to continue out into the colors.

 

 

The backing was another fabric that I found at my mom’s. I thought it was a nice touch to have butterflies in search of all those beautiful flowers.

 

 

I kept the quilting really simple with a meander. Obviously, the flowers were the focus.  Finally, I used black for the binding, completing the window pane look. 

 

 

This quilt was a lot of fun to put together. It’s nice and small; a beautiful wall hanging or table décor. It always fun to have cute and quick little successes like this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment