Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Baja Sauce

Growing up near the border has its perks, and one of them is the most amazing Mexican food out there.  We have so many different restaurants, each with its own take on what Mexican food should be...and I love them all. 


There was one particular restaurant I grew up with that recently closed its doors. It was such a bummer, and I really craved one of their signature dishes. Green corn tamales with baja sauce.  Mmm, mouth watering! 


When the restaurant closed, I began my pursuit to recreate the sauce at home.  Success! This sauce hits the spot. It's creamy with a little kick, and it goes great on tamales, taco salads, burritos, or even as a chip dip. 

Next I need to figure out the tamales and I'll have a perfect meal! For another day though. Until then, I will enjoy my baja sauce and remember my favorite Mexican restaurant. 


Creamy Baja Sauce

4 oz cream cheese (half a brick)
1 c heavy cream
4oz (1/2c) green chili's or jalapeño
1/2tsp salt
2/3 c queso cheese (optional)




In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream, cream cheese, and green chili's. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.  Use an immersion blender to blend the chili's with the cheese and cream. Add salt to taste and the queso cheese to thicken, if desired. Turn off heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment